Sunday, October 18, 2009

Race to Cure Lymphoma

Saturday was the 3rd Annual Race to Cure Lymphoma in STL. My fam is so rad- my Dad (aka "Race Director Extraordinaire") organizes and executes the race and my Darling Sister decided to (gasp) RUN her first 5k (she trained in 8 weeks!). I can't articulate how proud I am of them both.

With 450 participants, the race raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society . This was the first year for an LLS Team in Training to participate- these cool cats (20 total) raised $17,000 in 8 weeks! I was so honored to be an Honored Teammate for this team and loved cheering each of them on and watch them cross the finish line. So inspiring!

While Dad was running around like a crazy man with one hour of sleep, and Rachel was running 3.1 miles in 30 minutes (2nd place woot woot!); I did manage to do a little something and take a few pictures:

Photobucket
Balloon Release, in honor/memory

Photobucket
Dad looking very official explaining the course

Photobucket
Seriously- she has a smile at mile 3...?

Photobucket
Alisher came to support his super fab girlfriend

Photobucket
Don't judge, she just ran a 5k and we'd been up since 6:00.

No comments: